Sunday, May 27, 2012

It Looks Like A Real Garden

Well, I'm patting myself on the back this week as I admire all the rewards of my labor.  Everything has grown to my expectations and some have even surpassed.

 Lettuce and carrots are doing well.  Dug a carrot up just to see if it was growing and it was!  I guess I just didn't believe it and had to see it for myself!


Pumpkin!!!!



A fake snake helps keep the birds away....
or at least for now until they figure out he hasn't moved in a week.


Squash is doing super...bountiful bounty!


Corn is growing well...this was unexpected.  I can't wait to pick some ears.


Fuzzy top means there is corn in the future!



Green zucchini is slow, but still prospering.
 I had to replant my okra seeds because the first seeds I planted did not come up.  I suppose it was a bit too early.  These are coming up strong and I've put my metal baskets around them in preparation of the expected huge growth.  These help keep them upright in the Oklahoma Winds.




Not many green beans yet, but I've spotted a few which gives me hope.


Lettuce has done great.  Keeps growing and growing and growing!


No comments:

Post a Comment